Denver, CO asked in Tax Law for Wyoming

Q: How can my parents get the IRS to leave them alone?

They sold their business to J. J pays them monthly. J misappropriated covid relief funds and the IRS is going after him for $1,000,000. They are now going after my parents too and have take over $122,000 from them on 2 separate occasions. How can we get their money protected and the IRS to leave them alone?

J is in Utah, my parents are in Wyoming.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Simmons Campbell
Linda Simmons Campbell
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Burlington, CT

A: Your parents need to consult with a tax attorney. It is impossible to give you advice in this format Most of us offer a free consultation. Just tell your parents to stay away from the places they see advertised on TV.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.