Grand Rapids, MI asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Michigan

Q: Is there an alternative to filing a medical malpractice lawsuit if no permanent damage was caused?

To date, I do not know if there was any permanent damage from my physician's negligence. Due to a medication error and neglect of my specialist, I ended up very ill, was directed to go to the ER and was admitted for potassium toxicity. Doctor was negligent in failing to order lab work after surgical procedure or adjust medications.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to med mal attorneys in your state to try to set up a no obligation-free initial consult. An experienced attorney should be able to help you outline your rights and options. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.