Memphis, TN asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Arkansas

Q: Is there a way to get out of my lease at the time I was verbally told I would?

I live in arkansas, and my apartment complex got my lease end date wrong on the lease, but almost correct on my welcome letter. I was told that since no 7 month lease choice was available, to just choose the 8 month lease and they would fix it on their end. Now they are telling me that they can change it to the 8 month lease, but that means I still have to pay $1200. they gave me 2 options, to terminate my lease early, which is a 1 month rent fee, or just pay rent and also a prorated december amount

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arkansas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. It may have remained open because it was overlooked in the posted categories - you could repost and add "Landlord-Tenant" as a category for better chances of a response. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.