Baton Rouge, LA asked in Real Estate Law for Louisiana

Q: Can a property donation be revoked if the property has been sold already to another party

I donated a piece of property to my mother, in exchange for lifetime right of use. It is my understanding that I can revoke the donation if I am denied the right to use the property. She donated the property to a third-party, yet maintained usufruct. She and the new owner of the property denied my right of use. Can I donation to her be revoked and will that in turn dissolve her donation to the third-party?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need to consult with a lawyer to discuss the specifics----which in this case, includes a review of the transfer/donation documents and verifying whether or not they paperwork was recorded in the public record----after this, one should be able to give you some credible information as to your options. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.