Terre Haute, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: Help

Get pulled over for license plate being too dark, they ran the dog searched me and found drugs(meth)IS THAT PC?

They took me to jail and have me a dealing charge they said if I gave them my pw to my phone they wouldn't take my brother to jail too before any of this happened they were sitting down the road from the house I was at waiting on me, they went thru my phone and seen some one sold the drugs to me but only charged me with f2 dealing


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon T. Hicks
Brandon T. Hicks
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Good Afternoon,

I'd advise you to immediately contact an attorney to go over the specific facts of your case. Probable clause can be easy for police to establish in many cases. An attorney would need to review the police reports and the facts of the case to determine the best strategy to defend you against these charges and to determine if police had probable cause for the stop and search. Please contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.