Asked in Constitutional Law for New York

Q: A lawyer in Canada and want to write the Bar in NY State but can't . I need a constitutional lawyer to fight NY rules.

I was called in the UK and Canada but it seems my LLB and LLM since distance learning is just not good enough while I was properly called to Ontario, Canada after having completed all the requirements of the National Committee on Accreditations and the Law Society exams and articles of clerkship.

What am I. a black persobn in the deep south in 1950's America where I drink from a different faucet than whites and the comparison where my law degree is not good enough as compared to some who sits for 3 yrs in law school in Toronto whereas I went back and forth to the UK?

This is preposterous and the rules have to change.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rafail Veli
Rafail Veli

A: A lawyer who wants to write the NY Bar but can't it seems because my education is not up to snuff for the Supreme Court Rules of NY.

This has got to change for me and others as bona fide lawyer who can write the California Bar but not the NY one!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.