Louisville, KY asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Kentucky

Q: How can anyone tell me they goin to call the cops on me for a nocontact order if they are not at the house when I arrive

My dad has a no contact order on me but he lives with my granny. My children go over to her house. I have not said

Anything to him in 2 years and have not been inside my grandmothers home in a year because he previously moved out but just moved back in to her home. I had pulled up to her house to make sure my kids had made it back and to show her my hand. And he was at the corner which I was unaware of until she told me she sent my dad to meet my kids at the corner . so I started to go back to my car. He told my 10 year old son to come tell me I need to get away before he calls the cops. And I didn’t do anything to him m. But within the last 2 years he has pulled up to bring my grandmother to both of my houses my old and new one. If I haven’t said anything to him and I have a no contact order on me right now can he just tell me he will call the cops on me if I was unaware he was at the house and left when I seen him at the end of the block?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. You are not guilty but now that you know he’s there, you’ll need to stay away from granny’s.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.