Brooklyn, NY asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for New York

Q: I am divorced my ex husband and I agreed to deal with the house we have owned together for 23 years later and now...

I co-signed for his new condo and now he wants to force me to see the house. We owe $218 and our interest rate is only 2%. I still have my 15 year old living with me. In this current housing market I can't afford another house or the interest rates. I offered ti buy him out and he said no. He just doesn't want me to have the house. Do I have a legal avenue to keep my home and give him a fair share.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jack Mevorach
Jack Mevorach
  • Cedarhurst, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Have a free telephone consultation with counsel.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.