Louisville, KY asked in Adoption and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: Decieved about pregnancy girlfriend placed baby up for adoption.

My girl was a surrogate for her sister and husband by artificial insemunation.

Years later was informed it was my child. They all pretended it was a surrogate birth however it was not.

I was purposely lied to because girlfriend did not want to raise another baby.

It's been 11 years they have let me watch her grow with my believing she was my niece. They did legal paperwork with only three of them knowing the lie.

In Ky do I have any rights as father now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. You do not have any paternal rights. You. Need to move fast and file a fraud lawsuit against st everyone invoked. Your time starts to fun on the day after you discovered they had defrauded you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.