Las Vegas, NV asked in Traffic Tickets for Nevada

Q: I was driving on a one way street had no stop sign no yield sign no traffic light. Other car ran a stop sign

Later revived a ticket in the mail for careless driving. My insurance company found the other driver at fault. Judge still would not drop the ticket now it’s on my record costing me a huge monthly payment on my insurance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: In Nevada, if you received a ticket for careless driving despite the circumstances indicating the other driver was at fault, you might want to consider contesting the ticket in court. Gather any evidence you have that supports your claim, such as witness statements, photographs, and the report from your insurance company that identifies the other driver as being at fault. Consult the traffic court's procedures to understand the process for contesting a ticket. You might need to appear in court or submit a written explanation of your case. Presenting your evidence and explaining the situation in a clear and respectful manner to the judge could potentially lead to a favorable outcome, such as having the ticket dismissed or having the violation reduced. It's important to follow the court's guidelines and deadlines for contesting the ticket to increase your chances of success.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.