Brooklyn, NY asked in Health Care Law for New Jersey

Q: Is it legal for me to be someones authorized representative on their nj family care application and charge a fee?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In New Jersey, serving as an authorized representative on someone's NJ FamilyCare application is generally allowed, and individuals can assist with the application process without necessarily being paid a fee. However, if you plan to charge a fee for providing this service, it's important to be aware of potential regulations and ethical considerations.

While there isn't a specific law against charging a fee for helping someone with their NJ FamilyCare application, you should exercise caution to ensure that your actions are in compliance with any relevant laws and regulations. It's advisable to be transparent about any fees you intend to charge and to provide a clear agreement outlining the terms of your services. Additionally, you should avoid engaging in any fraudulent or deceptive practices.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.