Bridgeton, NJ asked in Tax Law for New Jersey

Q: Hi I’m trying to receive my New Jersey state taxes going back a few years I sent in all w2s 90 days are up no response

Transcripts sent for the years required

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you've submitted all the necessary documents and have not received a response from the New Jersey state tax authorities, I recommend taking the following steps:

1. Contact the New Jersey Division of Taxation: Reach out to their customer service or taxpayer assistance line to inquire about the status of your tax return and transcripts. They may provide guidance or information on any potential issues with your submission.

2. Confirm Submission Details: Double-check that you sent your documents to the correct address or department within the New Jersey Division of Taxation. Ensure that your contact information is up to date so they can reach you if needed.

3. Consider Professional Assistance: If you continue to experience delays or difficulties in resolving the issue, you may want to consult with a tax professional or attorney who can provide guidance on your specific situation and help you navigate the process.

Maintain records of all your communications and submissions for reference in case further action is needed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.