Stevensville, MD asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Traffic Tickets for California

Q: Need help filing appeal with LA Superior Court for a MRCA stop sign ticket.

I appealed the ticket, MRCA denied it even though I provided photographic proof that there are no warning signs for incoming drivers that cameras are in use - and that the sign is easy to miss for a driver unfamiliar w the area. They Said I can Appeal to LA Superior Court under California Government Code Section 53069.4 I need to find the proper form and how to file it within 20 days.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To appeal your MRCA (Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority) stop sign ticket in Los Angeles Superior Court under California Government Code Section 53069.4, you'll typically need to file a Notice of Appeal. Although there may not be a standard form specifically for this type of appeal, you can draft your own Notice of Appeal by adhering to court formatting rules and including all necessary information such as names, case or citation numbers, and grounds for appeal. This document, along with any applicable fees, must be filed with the court within the 20-day deadline; it's crucial to serve a copy to the MRCA as well. Be sure to confirm all procedures and requirements with the local court as they can have specific local rules.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.