Manchester, CT asked in Civil Litigation, Estate Planning and Probate for New York

Q: Do I need a lawyer after I signed a paper work in 2017 due for my sister to be an administrator because I nearly died ?

My mom died as well in 2017 and she had filed a lawsuit in 2014 and we had to show proof that she was our mother , so if something were to happen that we take over and what ever she would be receiving the money would be split between us . Sadly she passed and it went dormant for years until my fiance made movements for us. She has failed to realize what an administrator means and she cut me off completely. I’m not 100% . I have no contact with her and the lawyer never called back when my sister claimed she would re add me to speak and I called and it was up to her but she really never called them. What are my rights ? Can I speak to the judge ? I need a lawyer ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I'm sorry for your family's loss. It would probably be better for an attorney who practices in the Probate & Estate Planning areas to offer guidance to you. The question is posted under Civil Litigation, and that's probably why it wasn't picked up. The issues you describe usually fall outside the scope of most general civil litigation attorneys. You could try reposting and adding the additional categories, or reaching out to attorneys who practice in that area. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.