Bullhead City, AZ asked in Employment Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Arizona

Q: Can a former employer send a copy of a child support wage order to a family member via text without consent ?

former employee has not been employed by the former employer for a year. The sister did not request to see the wage order. The employer sent it to prove he wasn't responsible for being the cause of another legal matter. Was this legal and if not what would be the be coarse of action for the former employee take? This same employer has been found guilty of wage theft with this former employee as well. there is also more legal issues with the former employer that is now in the process of getting legal help with.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: A child support wage withholding order is a public record. A former employee has no reasonable expectation of privacy with respect to a former employer disseminating a public record without the employee’s consent as such consent is not required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.