Ocean Springs, MS asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi

Q: How to get sheriff dept to do thier job?

My friend passed away in her boyfriends front yard he didnt call 911 when she was found he was just sitting on the porch until he realized someone was there then he started pretending to ned help. she had been dead several hours at this point. on the porch where e was her purse was dumped out her cell phone broken with battery missin and sim card missing. the police found a syringe in her bag and instantly ruled it as drug related without waitin for toxicaoligy report to come back they refused to do autopsy and the boyfriend left state next day. she had bruises and scratches all over her that were not there at 8 that same morning she was found at 1 pm and had already beeen dead several hours when i had dropped her off she was missin her clothes her shoes she was in a bra and shorts

but the police saw a needle and did nothing to find her cause of death with all things considered woulnt they have to?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Under the circumstances you describe, you should assume you are a suspect and should retain a competent and experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. You should also assume police will not give you all the information they have and that they may lie to you to gauge your reactions or to get information voluntarily from you they can then investigate to try to make a case for murder against you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.