Kansas City, MO asked in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Legal Malpractice for Iowa

Q: How do I find a lawyer pro bono that will fight against dhs for my family and reunification. The laws are being broken!!

My boys were wrongfully removed... We got evicted and they were removed 2 months later! In November it will be a year this case open and we have tried to fight them and show them the proof that placement is lying and abusing our children! My babies want to come home.. my husband has done everything he needs to do for them to come home. I passed my hair stat and had 1 dirty ua and have since then not done anything because I told them I do not trust dhs and them saying they are keeping there word. My children were happy they laughed all the time and we're so spunky all the time... Now.. my middle son won't do anything with us during our visits.. and my oldest is being touched by my niece (placements daughter) and my baby.... Doesn't even know who we are.. my oldest daughter has had serious mental issues.! And well they are not being taken care and want to come home badly and the state just wants a pay out.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Most pro bono legal services are provided through local legal aid clinics. These clinics have the training and resources to screen potential clients for indigency and to complete the necessary paperwork for those clients to proceed in court in forms pauperis. Many legal aid clinics handle cases involving the state removing children from unfit parents. Your social worker may be able to provide you with specific references in or near the county where your case in pending.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.