Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: In FL will they ask for bank statements or can I just show my paystubs?

I want to modify my child support because I’m not making nearly as much as I once was. The other side said they’re going to request my bank statements. I occasionally have family send me money through it when I can’t afford things, will that affect it? I’m struggling to pay the amount monthly and we have a day short of 50/50 (they won’t agree to 50/50)

Originally our lawyers only went off my paystubs & it was said we’re to revisit CS every June but when I tried that earlier this year they kept accusing me of lying when I’m not.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Emily Konicek
Emily Konicek
  • Altamonte Springs, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You are required to provide mandatory disclosure, which includes bank statements, credit card statements, paystubs, and other financial documents.

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Child support is based on your income, which you can prove with pay stubs if you are a W-2 employee. As long as the loans from your family are not regular (emergency only) then they should not count towards your income. However, you may have to show the bank statements to prove that. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.