Phoenix, AZ asked in Civil Rights for Arizona

Q: how do i get my possession back from someone who used false landlord tenant act to steal my things

there was a false eviction done and sheriff was used by the individual to have me removed from property and while i was in jail he got a uhaul and took all of my possessions. the police are no help in getting my things back and fyi he was not the landlord i was not renting. how to i proceed to get my items back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can file a lawsuit for replevin against the person who took your possessions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.