Chula Vista, CA asked in Business Law for Wyoming

Q: What are my legal options

Wyoming C -Corp Startup Business. Only got limited corporate filing completed. Over the brief course of our collaboration, we verbally agreement to build this business together, with the intention of formalizing our partnership through a shareholders' agreement that never happened. With ongoing disagreements, differences in vision, numerous challenges in reaching a consensus on key matters, which have hindered our ability to effectively work together which has created a significant strain on our working relationship. My friend have expressed frustration on important key matters when discussed and has mentioned the possibility of walking away from the venture to pursue other interests, which demonstrates to me the lack of commitment to this venture. I have concluded to amicably separate and pursue our individual goals and aspirations. A letter was written expressing this need to separate. Now he has sent a demand letter. What are my options.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It looks like your matter also involves elements of a business formation, and there are attorneys on the forum who have insight there. You could add the category to your post. But based on your description, it seems likely that the response you'd receive is that you should consider a consult with a Wyoming attorney to discuss the matter in greater detail. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.