Omaha, NE asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Colorado

Q: In the middle of custody trial, ex asked for primary custody.

I have maintained primary for 10 years (our son's entire life). We live in different states and I was given primary interim custody. I have no personal issues or concerns and have always been a great parent. Our son is doing great. What is the likelihood the judge would entertain his request for primary? There has been so significant change of circumstances. I am shocked my ex's attorney would let him do this. Sound like he advised against it, but in the end going with what his client wants.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If there is already a court order, unless you have relocated since the last order, he would have to show endangerment to change primary parenting time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.