Bluffton, SC asked in Real Estate Law for South Carolina

Q: Live in South Carolina, our property (lot) was illegally listed by our old neighborhood on Zillow, MLS with Broker

what is our recourse, to SUE, the lot was listed without any knowledge by us.... listed for 110,000

This is a big money private country club with deep pockets I have all the screen prints of the online listing with the broker details and the sales agent In addition, this listing occurred while we had a contract for sale on the lot.... this interfered and caused our buyer to walk away from buying the lot

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: You will need a competent SC attorney that handles real property litigation, and there will be few that know what to do. Slander of Title, Trespass, along with a possible Ejectment action will be causes of actions. The title needs to be searched, and with the suit, a Notice Lis Pendens needs to be recorded. Real Estate Agents might be subject to license complaints.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.