Litchfield, IL asked in DUI / DWI and Civil Rights for Illinois

Q: Can my dui case be dismissed for want of prosecution after I already plead guilty an paid fines in full?

They can't find any record or incident report for my case at all. No officer sworn report either.

Can I get my fine money back and reimbursed for my vehicle they auctioned off as well?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Springfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You pled guilty and paid the fines, so there is no want of prosecution. The state has fully prosecuted the case to a guilty plea and collected its fine. I am not seeing this as a viable course of action. If being ability to produce the documents is creating some other sort of hardship, you might have another angle, but more information would be required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.