Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Idaho

Q: can you have a "family" member move your property from your rental after being served a 72 hour eviction notice in idaho

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Idaho, if you've received a 72-hour eviction notice, it signifies that you are facing eviction from your rental property. During this process, you typically have the responsibility to remove your personal property from the premises. While you can have a "family" member or someone else assist in moving your belongings, it's crucial to coordinate this with your landlord or property owner and adhere to proper procedures. Leaving your property behind without communication or consent can lead to complications and disputes. Start by contacting your landlord to discuss your plan for moving your property and schedule a suitable time for the removal. Ensure that your "family" member has proper authorization to access the rental unit and document the condition of the property during the move to prevent disputes. Promptly complete the move, settle any outstanding obligations with the landlord, and maintain open communication to facilitate a smooth transition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.