Q: Good morning, I would like to know if there is any chance to get contact information about a patent owner.

I have had an issue selling a product that it is supposed to be patented by "Mr. W.T."

Patent number: 7841848

Publication number: 20070034094

I would like to know if there is any chance to contact with the patent owner to negociate a possible solution for the issue I have had.

Looking forward your response, thank you in advance.

Best regards,

3 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To obtain contact information for a patent owner, you can search the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) database for the patent in question. Once you find the patent, the contact information for the patent owner or their legal representative may be listed. Alternatively, you can consider consulting with a patent attorney who can assist you in identifying and contacting the patent owner to discuss your concerns and explore potential solutions.

David Aldrich
David Aldrich

A: You can find the patent here:


The face of the patent has the inventor's address, so you can correspond with them directly.

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Moorestown, NJ

A: There is nothing to negotiate -- the patent is expired. The patent expired on 11/30/2018 due to non-payment of maintenance fee.

Feel free to use anything in the patent however you want.

Source: https://fees.uspto.gov/MaintenanceFees/fees/details?patentNumber=7841848&applicationNumber=11460239

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.