Columbia, TN asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents and Juvenile Law for Tennessee

Q: My son 17yrs has pleaded guilty to leaving the scene and has a court date of October 17th. Any advice will help

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If your 17-year-old son has pleaded guilty to leaving the scene, it's important to familiarize yourself with the specifics of the state laws where the incident occurred, as penalties can vary. Before the court date, gather any evidence or testimonies that might be relevant to the incident or paint your son's actions in a more favorable light. It may also be beneficial for him to enroll in responsible driving courses or related programs, showing proactive steps towards understanding the gravity of his actions. Prepare thoroughly for the court date by ensuring you both understand the proceedings and potential outcomes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.