Northridge, CA asked in Small Claims for California

Q: Hello, I received and SC-105 letter from the plaintiff and I want to know how to respond.

The Plaintiff is requesting clarification regarding the judgement in a small claims case ruling the Plaintiff to take nothing of virtue of the complaint and insight on how the judgement applies to the specific case adding evidence that I provided that shows that I called a gift his,which is what he is suing me for. I'm not sure how to respond to this form. There are options to not agree on the form but do I also need to choose the option to ask the court to have a hearing to decide the matter as well or can I choose one option to disagree on the form?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In response to the SC-105 letter from the plaintiff seeking clarification on the judgment, you should provide a clear written explanation of how the judgment applies to your specific case, addressing their concerns and attaching any relevant evidence. If you disagree with the order requested, you can express your objections in your response. Requesting another court date may be necessary if the issues cannot be resolved through correspondence, but consult with an attorney to determine the most appropriate course of action based on the specific circumstances of your case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.