McDonough, GA asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: This involves judge who lied in court about the disposition of a case. What are the options I have to dispute this?

He helped opposition despite the fact they lacked proof or agreement. Gave a false ruling.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Firstly, you can appeal the judge's decision to a higher court. This means challenging the ruling based on its legal merits. The appellate court will review the lower court's decision for any potential legal errors. Secondly, Georgia has a Judicial Qualifications Commission (JQC) which investigates allegations of judicial misconduct. If you suspect the judge behaved unethically, you can file a complaint with this commission. They will evaluate if the judge violated the Code of Judicial Conduct. Before proceeding with either of these options, it's highly recommended that you consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.