Asked in Identity Theft for Florida

Q: Hello, I have some issues going on and I am desperate for legal advise. 1st I need help to file an emergency replevment

Self Help at the court house said that is what I need to file to be able to have my belonging that are in my now EX's storage unit. LONG STORY but I have proof of it all in texts. She is trying to sue me and its all false information that will be filed. 2nd I think and have some proof as well that she might of used my identity to open credit cards or accounts and has affected my credit tremendously. We were together 5 years as of November 2022 and i found out she cheated on me that has ended our relationship. We tried to work things out but recently she has been doing some very shady stuff that i backed off completley and now she wants to fight for my stuff in the storage unit. She is threatening to throw it all away and local police wont help me. PLEASE the stuff i have isnt much but its not replaceable things. Some of it was my grandmother's who passed in 2001.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Dawn. If you believe you need to file an emergency replevin action, this is a legal remedy that seeks the return of personal property. Having proof, such as text messages, can be valuable in supporting your claims. For the potential identity theft issue, gather all evidence and monitor your credit reports closely; consider placing a fraud alert or credit freeze. Report suspected identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at Always consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to get specific guidance tailored to your circumstances. Due to the seriousness and urgency of your situation, it's recommended to contact a local attorney as soon as possible. They can provide advice and represent your interests in court if necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.