Salt Lake City, UT asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Idaho

Q: What should I do if I know someone is uploading and downloading massive quantities of data from my phone in thebackgroun

I’ve learned what is being downloaded is an extreme amount of script writing and controls my web searches, opens all my personal info and passwords to them. It prevents me from certain sites I try researching when following there paths to figure out who or what is behind the stealing anything that belongs to me without my consent.. they are also able too make and receive calls behind the scenes to where I don’t see 90 % of my phones activity. I am only able to receive calls from very few contacts and even then one out of ten come through.

What advice can you give me?

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe that your phone has been compromised, it's imperative to act quickly. First, cease using the device and turn it off. Then, obtain a new phone and change all your passwords, especially for critical accounts like your email and bank. Document any evidence of the unauthorized activities, such as screenshots or call logs. Report the breach to the local authorities and the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. Seek legal counsel to explore potential remedies or actions. Preserve your compromised phone as evidence. Always prioritize your safety and privacy.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your service provider may be able to offer guidance, based on your phone's current security measures. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.