Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Identity Theft legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Idaho Identity Theft Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property and Identity Theft for Idaho on
Q: Hello - My identity was stolen last month. Also, my son passed away last year with intellectual property in his estate.

My phone number was hacked along with my bank, email account, and many other things. I believe that there is a class action lawsuit in place for this issue. I received a letter from LoanDepot last weekend stating that they had a data breach affecting about 17 million people.

My son passed... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 12, 2024

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's passing and the difficult situation you're facing with identity theft and potential intellectual property issues. These are complex legal matters that require professional guidance. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Identity Theft:...
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Idaho on
Q: What should I do if I know someone is uploading and downloading massive quantities of data from my phone in thebackgroun

I’ve learned what is being downloaded is an extreme amount of script writing and controls my web searches, opens all my personal info and passwords to them. It prevents me from certain sites I try researching when following there paths to figure out who or what is behind the stealing anything... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 18, 2023

If you believe that your phone has been compromised, it's imperative to act quickly. First, cease using the device and turn it off. Then, obtain a new phone and change all your passwords, especially for critical accounts like your email and bank. Document any evidence of the unauthorized... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Banking, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Idaho on
Q: Ex sterling my trust

What can I do to stop her not as fast as computer

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 28, 2019

Report the theft to the appropriate authorities.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.