Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Arizona

Q: If I have filled out a petition against someone and have a court date already can someone file the same one on me??

I filled out A Established paternity with legal decision-making legal custody parenting time and child support Against my Girlfriend And now DCS is trying to file an order of EX Party children To remove children from my custody in control And physically is that possible

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Yes, DCS can do that. In fact, if DCS starts a proceeding to remove the children, the custody case in the family court is paused while the DCS proceeding goes through the juvenile court because, by law, DCS proceedings take precedence over custody proceedings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.