Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: My boyfriend drove his handicap friend to a oil site where they took some old oil equipment and now his bond is 100,000.

My boyfriend has needed money for a lawyer so he can see his daughter. His friend had been stealing oil equipment and asked my bf to drive him there because he can't drive and in return, he would give him half of the money. Enough to put down on a decent attorney . He was under the impression it had been out there for a while . The next day his friend was picked up and charged with felony theft . They issued a warrant out for My bf because a camera took a pic of his truck. His friend had been scrapping metal for almost a year and my bf never sold any himself. He just took his friend to . He now has a 100,000 bond. What could happen to him for just driving the truck?

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You should not be discussing this in an open forum as it could be investigated and used against you and or your boyfriend. I suggest that you a few criminal defense lawyers in your area, sewt up consultations with them and in prviate discuss your concerns and questions and how you can help your boyfriend. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.