Laurel, MD asked in Car Accidents for Massachusetts

Q: My fiance was involved in a hit and run. There is no damage to my vehicle and she didn't even know she hit the other car

The other drivers taillight was broken. Weve received a few phone calls from the investigating officer saying that there will be a warrant put out for her arrest. She has multiple medical conditions, a heart condition, seizures almost every day, she would die in jail. How do we fix this without her getting arrested? This would be her first offense l.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Massachusetts attorney could advise best, but you're going to lose valuable time under the "Car Accidents" heading. This is something to discuss with a criminal defense attorney. Car accident attorneys don't deal with these settings - criminal defense attorneys do. You could either repost your question under the Criminal Law heading, or preferably, reach out to criminal defense attorneys in Massachusetts to discuss. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.