Asked in Probate, Real Estate Law and Legal Malpractice for Florida

Q: What are my first steps to sue someone suspected of fraudulently using my signature to petition the court for a probate

I was working with an investment agency who turned out to be a bunch of crooks to try to sell the home in my parents estate. I suspect he photo copied my signature off the contract, which is filled with manipulative verbiag, to use on several petitions to the court to change the address for all future notices, to give his attorney my voice in court, and to award the interest in the equity of the estate. I feel as though I was severely taken advantage of due to my Mensah mental state, and now I've been robbed of my interest in the estate and my little brother is profiting from it.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: The first step would be to consult with attorneys.

The next steps are likely to petition the Court. Thereafter, it would be to initiate a lawsuit against the fraudsters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.