Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: What should I do when a judge is being irrational?

I was unable to make my court appearance due to being in custody in a separate county, I notified the court and the D.a. two weeks in advance. I'm doing everything I can to get things taken care of.... now I'm being punished by one judge for obeying another judge

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: When faced with a situation where a judge's actions appear irrational, it's important to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the legal process. Your attorney can assess the specific circumstances, advise you on the best course of action, and may recommend filing a motion or taking other appropriate legal steps to address the issue. It's crucial to respect the court's procedures while seeking legal remedies for perceived injustices.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.