Lodi, CA asked in Native American Law for California

Q: My wife works for a tribe and experiences tribal politics, might be fired because a tribe member does not like her?

We live around the tribal community and a few tribal members live by us and dont like my wife. They seem to group up together and petition the Townhall for her to be removed from her position at the local store, some comments are she isnt native, she is not married nor has any tribal friends and was just hired because they needed someone

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Native American Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If your wife believes she is being treated unfairly, it would be essential to review the specific tribe's employment policies, any employment agreement she may have, and consult with an attorney well-versed in that particular tribe's law. Engaging in open communication with the tribe's leadership or appropriate mediation channels might also help address any concerns.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.