Evansville, IN asked in Municipal Law and Landlord - Tenant for Indiana

Q: What happens if a family member refuses to remove a camper and personal items of your property?

She refused the eviction letter and green card should be coming back to us ,

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If a family member refuses to remove a camper and personal items from your property after being given notice, you may have legal remedies available. Typically, the next step involves initiating a formal eviction process through your local court. After obtaining a court order, if the family member still doesn't comply, you may be able to involve law enforcement or seek a writ of possession to have the items removed. It's essential to follow local and state eviction laws to avoid potential legal issues. As always, it's wise to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to get advice tailored to your specific situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.