Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law and Civil Litigation for Arizona

Q: I need to know if I have a good case to sue DCF for braking my happy family up and turning my family and kids against me

3 years ago during the covid out break I had problems with someone renting a room from me. But before I go any farther I do want to add that I was a addicted at the time cuz I was in pain management for15 years.. but non of my family new it cuz I only took enough to control my pain. so I was aware that my roommate where selling pills and they had a friend show up at the house that was highly intoxicated and I told them that that person can not come back cuz my kids don’t need to see that!! At the time I had no idea they would get revenge for me trying to do the right thing! So this person had convinced my roommate’s to call DCF with them and tell them I’m a big time drug dealer even involving my 11 yr old and 13 yr old. Within 2 weeks I got raided and my roommate knew exactly when they would hit me. And I have proof that my roommate was involved in setting me up they moved out before I even got back home from the station. Please tell me if there is anything I can do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: This would be better asked to a civil attorney than a family law attorney since civil attorneys deal with lawsuits and family attorneys do not. I would recommend you consult with one before making a decision on whether to pursue.

So, bearing in mind that this is outside my area of expertise, based on the limited information you presented here, I do not see a strong case. But I think there are a lot of details and questions that are left out of what you submitted, so I definitely would again recommend you consult with a civil attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.