Dallas, TX asked in Uncategorized for Texas

Q: My husband and I believe he is owed C-Shares due to the sale of the company in which he owns said shares. How do we go

about getting the company to pay the money he should be owed for them? There are more details that might make this more complex if more explanation is needed but he is no longer with the company and his leaving was not on friendly terms. But he does for sure still own 100 shares of the company. What type of lawyer should we need to look for to represent him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: This is a classic business litigation case. Look for a competent and experienced attorney who practices in the area of business litigation in or near the county where the corporation’s principal office is located.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.