Philadelphia, PA asked in Uncategorized for New Jersey

Q: I was left money from an investment account when my friend passed can the executor change that?

So my elderly friend just recently passed but I to be put into a nursing home. His son is the executor he put in charge. It cost 11000 a month to get the 247 care he needed at the nursing home. Now will they take his investments for that after his money from his checking account runs out?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your question may have gone unnoticed under the general Uncategorized heading for three weeks. Some questions go unanswered, but you could try posting and adding Probate and Estate Planning as categories. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.