Albuquerque, NM asked in Family Law for Arizona

Q: What happens if the other party files their response but I dont get served with a copy?

I filed my papers about a month ago, and I found out through word of mouth that the other party files her response. However I have not received anything from them, their attorney, or the court. Will the case move forward even if I haven't received anything? Is there any action I can take if they don't give me a copy of her response?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Yes, your case is moving forward even without them giving you a copy. You should reach out to the other party's attorney, inform them you didn't receive a copy, and make sure they have the right email address and mailing address for you. You also should double check the Court records to make sure your contact information is up to date.

If this happens a second time, you should bring it to the attention of the Court.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.