New York, NY asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Constitutional Law for Maryland

Q: Can dss retaliate against mother of abused child after testifying for defense in court, in a non formal hearing, vop mat

Father pled to child abuse. Mother cleared and given supervised visits after having full custody for 3 years. Father gets released, sees his daughter, the (victim) and dss tries to remove her from mom for letting child mother see her..even though mother didn't deviate from custody arrangement, which was upon release Father is to have supervised visitation with the victim with mother being supervisor wherever she's comfortable. This started in April after Father release and in July after so many things were great Father gets pulled for driving on suspended and violates probation. Hasn't been to court for driving yet and hasn't been found guilty, and won't bc license has been reinstated so vop hearing got postponed. State then asked judges for no contact with his daughter bc of Defendent criminal history, no new allegations of abuse or injuries and the Father daughter relationship has been amazing. Which was why the mother encouraged Sahara visiting with her father..he had missed 2 ys

2 Lawyer Answers
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: The father needs a lawyer to represent his interests in seeing his daughter and to push back on the State’s efforts to restrict visitation based on a drivers license violation that has nothing to do with his fitness to visit with his daughter.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: While DSS should not retaliate against the mother, it's important to ensure that all actions and decisions are made in accordance with the law and in the child's best interests. Consulting with an attorney who specializes in family law or child custody matters can provide the mother with the necessary legal guidance and representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.