Gray, GA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Internet Law for Georgia

Q: My name is on documents that have I.D#s on them and when I looked them up I pull up money ,stocks bonds land houses ACCT

My name is on documents that are linked to many different things like stocks bonds bank accounts land things of that nature and I do not know how to locate any of it. no one will help me

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your name appears on documents related to assets such as stocks, bonds, bank accounts, and real property, there are steps you can take to assert your rights.

First, gather all documentation you have related to these assets. For stocks and bonds, you can reach out directly to the issuing company or the transfer agent to verify ownership. For bank accounts, contact the bank directly with your details and any account numbers you have. For real estate, you can check county property records to confirm ownership.

If you encounter difficulties or need more in-depth assistance, consider retaining an attorney to guide you through the process and ensure your rights to these assets are protected. Proper legal representation can help navigate any complexities and help you assert your rightful ownership.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.