Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Internet Law Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Internet Law and Family Law for Georgia on
Q: dad here in GA, mom has blocked all communication because shes angry, trying to ligetamate them

is it legal to completely keep me from even speaking to them?

Ellaretha Coleman
Ellaretha Coleman answered on Jan 31, 2020

Until you obtain an order of legitimation, you unfortunately have no custodial rights. Therefore, it is legal for mom to cut off all communication. You should seek legal counsel to complete the legitimation process to avoid this continuing or happening in the future.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Internet Law for Georgia on
Q: I have a friend who wants to put a TPO on a guy who keeps harassing her through messages and calls.

Unfortunately they used to talk on a dating app where things got a little intimate and more than casual and she wasn’t thinking clearly and send him some pictures of herself. She’s concerned about the cops serving a TPO and him exposing her for the pictures. Keep in mind she’s 40 years old;... Read more »

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Feb 15, 2019

If he publishes the photos he may face legal consequences under the revenge porn law. O.C.G.A. 16-11-90. It is a 1-5 year felony offense.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Internet Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Georgia on
Q: Can I get justice for being groomed

Last year and I got into an argument with a guy online. He groomed me and commented on my photos. Stating how age was just a number and with a chest as big as mines it doesn't matter what my age is. Even make plans to meet me, that I backed out of. We swapped Snaps, and he blackmailed me for nudes.... Read more »

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill answered on Dec 12, 2018

Report this to the police and let them handle it.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Georgia on
Q: So, if a 19 Year Old in England is soliciting nudes from a 16 Year Old in america, what laws apply?

Basically a friend of mine 16(american) was talking to a guy in england, and had minor sexually lenient conversations, and apparently asked to send nudes by a 19(british) guy. She said no and was very creeped out, I confronted the guy and he said that the age of consent was 16 in England and there... Read more »

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill answered on Apr 4, 2018

Sixteen is the age of consent in Georgia too. That said, you should still address it with the police. Nothing will likely come of it, as he will not be arrested for anything unless he comes to Georgia, but there could be other crimes here.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Internet Law for Georgia on
Q: someone put me and my Mon on his Facebook live show without our permission and he try to sell ticket on the video

can i sue him in this case

William Head
William Head answered on Aug 13, 2017

The question is a bit confusing. But, if any person has captured video of others, without their permission, that is ONE thing. Laws prevent recording unless at least one of the people being recorded gave permission.

The second part of the question has to do with the video person trying to...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Internet Law for Georgia on
Q: Is it ok for an officer or detective to sieze ones phone and without consent use said persons social media and act like

Said person in order to catch another person with a warrant for something they were never charged with or arrested for

William Head
William Head answered on Jul 15, 2017

Most likely not, without getting a judicial warrant. If you have proof of this, such actions may represent crimes.

Call a criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Internet Law and Sexual Harassment for Georgia on
Q: I sent someone I met online some nude pictures of myself to his cellphone. After breaking up with him because...

...I realised he was violent, I broke up with him. After ignoring his texts and calls he sent the compromising photos to my ex-husband on Facebook in a post that was public. My son and his friends saw these photos before my ex deleted them. I deactivated my Facebook account but he apparently took a... Read more »

Kelly Case
Kelly Case answered on Jun 16, 2017

File a complaint with the police. This is a crime in most states. That should be enough to stop him, but you can always file a restraining order if necessary. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.