Somerset, PA asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Are there attorneys who represent minors for harassment charge ?

13 & 11 year old. Wish to fight the charges due to State Police not conducting investigation thoroughly. Oldest son did not participate but was in room on Xbox yet still gets charged and youngest sons friend lied at school saying he wasn’t here during the incident with my youngest. I have proof to show in court and a witness.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In Pennsylvania, attorneys can and do represent minors in criminal matters, including harassment charges. Given the situation you've described, it's crucial to secure legal representation for your children as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will evaluate the evidence, question the thoroughness of the police investigation, and present a strong defense on their behalf.

It's essential to provide your chosen attorney with all evidence and details related to the case, including witnesses. The goal would be to ensure the rights of your children are protected and to challenge the charges based on the evidence you've mentioned. Act promptly to safeguard their legal rights and position in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.