Q: Is a court order valid from a substitute judge if the consent form was not signed by all parties

The father of my children had filed a petition and had a court hearing which granted him emergency temporary custody of my children but the case was heard in front of a substitute judge and I did not find out about any of this information until 3 days after the court hearing was held and approved. I have not signed any paperwork I have received the court order but I am unsure if the fact that I was not present or did not know anything about this case makes the court order valid since I did not sign that paper for the consent for the substitute judge

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It will be enforced unless you request a rehearing quick. Even then you will probably have to file your response to the original petition and go to the actual hearing on the merits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.