Miami, FL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Florida

Q: Possible to move even if my sons father says no? Pregnant with my fiance and Is child, better opportunities for his job?

I have a court order in FL for my son who I coparent with his father. Our arrangement is 60/40 with me having majority and being his primary residence most of the year and for school. I am currently pregnant with my Fiance and Is first child, would this give me an option to redo that custody arrangement if my Fiance wanted to move out of state since we will be having our own child? If so whats the likely hood of the judge approving this? My Fiance has better opportunities to make more money outside of FL but my sons custody agreement has kept us here.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The legal standard is what is best for your child, not what is best for you and your fiancé. If the father does not agree then you must go to court to change the timesharing. There are many factors that the court has to consider. Florida wants a child to have meaningful contact with both parents. Relocation is one of the most difficult issues in family law. Speak with a local family attorney for more specific advice.

Pamela J. Fero agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.