Lake Mary, FL asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Pennsylvania

Q: How do we start the process of removing the executor?

My sister is executor, my mom passed May 2020, and had a very simple estate. Still not closed out, and she will not respond to emails from me or the probate attorney. There are deposits in moms name she will not clarify where they are

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Boyertown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This issue, and your questions, should be addressed to your probate attorney.

In PA, every personal representative, whether executor named in a probated will or and administrator, both appointed, and entrusted, by the court, is required to file an Inventory of all estate assets. That Inventory should give you the answers you posed, and it is available in the court's file in the probate case.

It may also be that this Executrix's refusal to respond to questions about the Estate assets are sufficient to request that the Court replace her. That likewise is a question for your probate attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.