Easthampton, MA asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: On Massachusetts probation with no condition about drug testing I have a medical weed card in state can I still smoke

2 Lawyer Answers
Dakota Martin
Dakota Martin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If there are any conditions about remaining drug and alcohol free, that could be a problem. Otherwise your activity appears perfectly legal and for a purpose. You should speak to your PO directly if you still have concerns. It goes without saying that they'll probably want to look at your card. Good luck.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In Massachusetts, having a medical marijuana card allows you to use medical marijuana for approved medical conditions. However, if you are on probation, it's essential to consider the specific terms of your probation. While there may not be a condition about drug testing, probation typically requires compliance with all laws, which includes drug laws. Ultimately, it's crucial to comply with the rules and guidelines provided by your probation officer and to ensure that your use of medical marijuana aligns with the terms of your probation. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.